Worthwhile Meetings. Worthy Plans and Proposals.
A truly productive meeting or retreat…
- Everyone there is supported to give their best ideas.
- They achieve a common goal and valued product.
- They make real connections with one another.
- Everyone leaves feeling their time was well-spent.
A truly qualified proposal…
- Funders receive the information they are really interested in.
- They “get” your organization and see how you excel.
- They’re clear about the difference you can make.
- Funders respect your work and feel you are trustworthy.
Build Your Power To Change The World.
Change is a given – What matters is defining the change.
- Every individual has the ability to contribute to a better world.
- Resources and power are shared unfairly – creating barriers for some to leading change.
- Compassion and empathy help make space to lead with our best.
- A group can be wiser and more creative than a single individual.
- There are solutions to most problems – even those of magnitude.
- Our world is an essentially beautiful place and worth the effort.
Get The Help You Need
- I will support your equity lens and equity values throughout the project.
- I’m a careful listener and will ask questions to understand your situation and what you need.
- I plan projects carefully and collaboratively to ensure you get the product you want.
- I’m not easily flummoxed. The way forward may not be obvious, but it can be found or made.
- I’m not deterred by a lot of detail. I’m an adept organizer of information.
- I don’t avoid conflict in an organization – that can be where the work needs to be done.
Things Could Be Better
The world is an amazing, beautiful place. It saddens me to see how that beauty is marred by poverty, injustice, racism (and other systemic oppressions), environmental degradation, outright cruelty…
There are many incredible people – like you and your organization – who are working to make things better. I feel privileged to give non-profits support to keep doing the work – more effectively, with more resources, with stronger partnerships.
What non-profits are doing to make a difference is inspiring to me. You build my hope!
I’ve been working as a consultant for nearly 2 decades. I learned my trade “on the job”. I’ve directed or co-directed non-profits focused on building the leadership of low-income people to make social change. I’ve also worked for county government as a public policy advocate on low-income issues. Many clients have been focused on these issues via housing, homelessness, hunger, income equity, health, etc.
I have a passion for the environment and averting climate catastrophe. At thirteen, my first “political act” was a letter to my senator asking him to stop bounties on endangered species. If you’re an environmental organization, I’d love to assist you!!
And I really care about animal welfare and animal rights. My partner and I currently have two cats, Jack and Colby – our “little monsters”. If you are an animal-related organization, I would love to work with you!!
I recognize and honor the Indigenous peoples on whose land I live and work. These include the Willamette Tumwater, Clackamas, Kathlemet, Molalla, Multnomah and Watlala Chinook Peoples and the Tualatin Kalapuya who today are part of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde.
Nice Things That People Say
Dana is such a pro – and a pleasure to work with! She easily adapts to your work style and organization’s needs, whether you want to be deeply involved in a specific project or hand it over to her 100%. I look forward to working with her again.laura raymond, former Development Director, Coalition of Community Health Clinics
Dana has steadfastly and expertly supported both our grant writing and organizational development. Her keen insights, thoughtful manner, and excellent writing skills have helped us grow and mature as a strong organization!Patti whitney-wise, former Executive Director, Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon
Dana is a skilled, focused, compassionate and effective facilitator. I would recommend her to any organization. She is the Best!Bobby Weinstock, Housing Advocate, Northwest Pilot Project
Get In Touch
Give me a call or email to learn more about me or my services.